On the fourth Wednesday in November, we held one of our traditional Q&A chats, where top independent communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice in response to questions submitted by the community (learn how to join us here). On November 23 2016, we weighed in with opinions and insight on the following topics of interest:
- A student asks, what is your favorite personal part of PR? #solopr
- How do you build your speaking engagements for the year – targeted list, pursue as they come? #solopr
- When you're the boss & there is no one to push you, how do you prevent getting stuck in your comfort zone? #solopr
- Do you do an annual rate increase for all clients or just apply to new clients? #solopr
- What role does social media play in your position as a PR professional? (Q from student) #solopr
- How do you handle time off when it comes to billing – no change, lower fee? #solopr
- Is adwords still effective? What are you using for your clients? #solopr
- How do you manage the emotional lows that sometimes happen in this solo life? #solopr
- What are you most thankful for when it comes to your #solopr life?
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript):
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments!