We’re more than two months into 2015, and some (most?) new year’s resolutions have fallen by the wayside. But just when we’re about to relax into old routines, the calendar offers us a date to serve as a reminder: March Fourth! This day offers a great opportunity to reflect on whether you are truly marching forth – to stretch, grow and meet your goals for the first quarter and the year. Do you have any areas for improvement in your business? Is there anything holding you back?
Some key challenges – and our posts to help you address them – follow:
Are you standing on the precipice of becoming a Solo PR Pro, but you’re afraid to take the leap?
- Becoming a PR Consultant – You Can Do It! – We all need a pep talk from time to time – here’s one from me to you.
- 7 Myths About Consulting You Shouldn’t Believe – There are a lot of myths about being an independent contractor, so don’t let the ones that aren’t true hold you back.
Would you like to find more clients?
- Top 10 Ways To Find Clients – This post outlines 10 things you can do today to help fill your new business pipeline.
- Chat Recap: Prospecting For New Business – Recently, the whole Solo PR community shared ideas and best practices on the topic of targeting clients outside your network. Check out the amazing tips and insights in the transcript!
- Not All Clients Are Worth Pursuing: How to Pre-Qualify Prospects – When you’re looking for new clients, it’s always important to ensure you’re getting the right fit (a bad client can end up costing you money!).
Do you need to raise your rates?
- How to Charge for PR Consulting Services – This round-up is really eight posts in one – refer to it to find out what works for the most successful communications consultants.
- Solo PR PRO Premium membership – I hear from members every day who say they wish they had joined Solo PR PRO Premium sooner, especially those looking to increase their fees and revenue. So we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention that Premium members have access to dozens of ebooks and community resources that help you zero in on exactly what you should be charging!
Looking to work smarter, not harder?
- On Benefit and Bonuses, or How I Let Down My Only Employee – Would you subject an actual employee to the way you treat yourself? Solo PR PRO member Jenny Schmitt shares some inspirational and actionable thoughts on the topic in this terrific post.
- Working all the time to get ahead is a fool’s game – The science is clear: stress and fatigue affect not just our happiness, but also our work. For those of us who spend too many hours at the desk (guilty!), this post is a must-read.
We all work so hard, it’s easy to lose focus and wonder where the time went. March Fourth offers a fun way to take a moment to pause and consider our strategic next steps. What areas could use your renewed focus?
And if you need further inspiration, perhaps this jam from the MarchFourth Marching Band will put a pep in your step J:
Image credit: Jon Margolis for MarchFourth Marching Band