On the fourth Wednesday in February, we held one of our traditional Q&A chats, where top independent communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice in response to questions submitted by the community (learn how to join us here). On February 25, 2015, we weighed in with opinions and insight on the following topics of interest:
- When does it make sense to go beyond traditional networking to gain new business?
- How do you ID opportunities?
- What is “warm prospecting?” How do you get the door open?
- Have you ever “cold called,” and what were the results?
- How important is it to have a meeting? Can it all be done by email?
- How do you track your prospecting process? What tools/methods do you use?
- When do you conduct new business activities (how often, days/times, etc.)?
- Do you pursue RFPs?
- Do you do any advertising (print and online)?
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript): 2.25.15 Chat Highlights
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments!
In case you missed it, the #solopr chat has moved to a twice monthly schedule. We meet the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – a regular ritual for some of the savviest PR pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to participate. If you’re looking for immediate answers to your questions and real-time access to wisdom from veteran pros, join us as a Premium member of Solo PR Pro – our private Facebook group is available 24/7.