The June 18 #Solo PR twitter chat could have been titled the Burn Notice edition. Smart independent communication professionals gathered to discuss things that seem to be burning out, clients that burn you with last minute requests and how not to get burned from bad client decisions. The burning issues discussed included the following topics of interest:
- With PR wire services seeing big drops in traffic (prdaily.com/Main/Articles/…) does it make sense to use them anymore? #solopr
- When you don't use a wire distribution service, how do you get your news out? #solopr
- What do you do with clients that always spring things on you at the last minute? #solopr
- What can you do if your client wants you to use an exec who’s a terrible/arrogant spokesperson? #solopr
- This year the 4th of July is on a Friday. When do you think the slow period will be? How are you counseling clients? #solopr
Scroll through some of the highlights from the chat below:
6.18.14 Chat Highlights
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions below!
The #solopr chat – held each Wednesday from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – is a weekly ritual for some of the savviest PR pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to participate. If you’re looking for immediate answers to your questions and real-time access to wisdom from veteran pros, join us as a Premium member of Solo PR Pro – our private Facebook group is available 24/7.