On the second Wednesday in February, we held one of our traditional Q&A chats, where top independent communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice in response to questions submitted by the community (learn how to join us here).
On February 11, 2015, we weighed in with opinions and insight on the following topics of interest:
- Q1 comes from @wjasong75: Any thoughts on media databases? I am beginning to think they are all a waste of $$$.
- What advice would you give to someone that is just starting in freelance PR?
- What do you do if you realize a client lied to you, and you’ve been communicating that lie?
- Do you have a clause about ethics in your contracts?
- Can you be a successful #SoloPR pro without doing media relations?
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript):
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments!
In case you missed it, the #solopr chat has moved to a twice monthly schedule. We meet the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – a regular ritual for some of the savviest PR pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to participate. If you’re looking for immediate answers to your questions and real-time access to wisdom from veteran pros, join us as a Premium member of Solo PR Pro – our private Facebook group is available 24/7.