It's time to send the year off in style by celebrating the accomplishments of our talented Solo PR Pro Premium members from the last 12 months.
2022 Solo PR Pro Premium member accomplishments
Several of our members chimed in to share what they are most proud of achieving in their business in 2022.
- Thrive PR and Kelly Kirkendoll (Founder/CEO) won four PRSA Dallas Pegasus Awards, including the top award in two categories (Internal Communications Program and Publication, Print or Digital), a Pegasus Award of Honor for Most Effective Campaign on a Budget and BEST OF SHOW! They were selected as a Small Agency of the Year Finalist (as was another Solo PR Pro member, Bernadette Davis Communications).
- W. Patrick McSweeney of McSweeney Public Relations LLC was elected Chair of PRSA's Midwest District for 2023, representing 1,400 PR professionals in 12 chapters covering parts of nine states. He also was elected Co-chair of PRSA's national Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee for 2023. In 2022, he was the chair-elect of the Midwest District and co-chair-elect of the DE&I committee.
- Impact Players and Stu Opperman, APR expanded the scope of work and billings for several clients (including Memorial Healthcare System and Make-A-Wish Southern Florida) and, as president, Stu led PRSA’s Greater Fort Lauderdale chapter through a comeback after COVID-19. He plans to pursue the fellowship from PRSA in 2023 while continuing to be a trusted resource to clients and contacts.
- Bernadette Davis Communications' accomplishments include team members receiving various accolades: the PRSA Sunshine District Radiance Award for Trailblazer of the Year, dotCOMM Award, PR News Top Women in PR Award, PRSA Dallas 40 Under 40 Award, PRSA Dallas Small Agency of the Year Finalist, Hermes Creative Award and FPRA Orlando ImPRess Award for Professional Achievement. They've created phenomenal projects for clients ranging from DEI reports to toolkits and presentations to their own agency's 2022 visibility plan. The visibility plan resulted in being featured in several publications, including PR Week, PR Daily, PR News and Medium, D CEO, as well as increasing our social media presence by 150%. They've served 30 clients, including American Heart Association's Voices for Healthy Kids and five Fortune 500 companies.
- Laura Frnka-Davis' agency LFD Communications had its best year financially since starting the business in 2018. They won an award in the category of integrated communications from the Houston PRSA Chapter for their work with Lightscape, a holiday light show at the Houston Botanic Garden. Laura landed an opportunity with the Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP) out of Boston to help them with their Houston-based event — a $10K project for one month worth of work! She also broke through the education desk at the Houston Chronicle and landed a story in the front section story for Teach For America Houston.
- Gray Public Relations (Amy Gray) won five PRSA Nashville Parthenon Awards for their work with TDOT’s Nobody Trashes Tennessee campaign. Another Solo PR Pro member, Fran Stephenson, is also on the team.
- Gayle Falkenthal, APR, Fellow PRSA, won three Silver and two Bronze awards from the PRSA San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter. Four of the five were for her client Serving Seniors. Gayle was the only sole practitioner to win awards this year. Gayle also won three first place, four second place, and two third place awards for journalism and public relations entries at the San Diego Press Club Journalism Awards. The first place awards are for Best Topic Based Blog for client Good Earth Plant Company, and in the Daily/Online Print division, Best Sportswriting for NYFights.com and Best Column for the San Diego Transcript.
- Phyllis Weiss, president, Weiss Communications, Inc. increased awareness of Synergetic Media’s CEO/president with media placements in Forbes (“Being Nimble and Strategic Helped This Entrepreneur Overcome Business Obstacles”) and bizwomen as well as podcast appearances like “The Unmistakable Creative.”
- Michael Ares' (MDA Corporate Marketing, LLC) accomplishment that has been most satisfying for him this year has nothing to do with either landing or keeping an important client, as critical as those objectives are. What he feels best about is what he gained personally from working with a world-recognized expert on financial industry regulations and where they failed in the current crypto collapse. Yes, it was a great piece that resulted in his client being asked to testify on the subject before Congress. But as cool as that was in raising the visibility of him and his client, Auburn's Harbert College of Business, Michael benefitted just as much from the experience as the client did.
- Ebony Vaz, CEO, Above Promotions, received an Excellence in Marketing award at Florida’s 40th Annual MEDweek 2022. They are incredibly happy to have received this award recognizing the storytelling, science, and technology skills we bring to our clients and the industry.
Congratulations to all! Let's continue to support and celebrate one another's accomplishments as we move into 2023.