This week we had a double dose of smarts as we joined forces with the social media-focused #SMchat community during our regularly scheduled #solopr chat hour, for a combined sharing of ideas. The topic was Measurement and while what is measured may vary by area of focus there was a shared philosophy to how it is approached. #SMChat leader Sharon Mostyn provided a framing blog post in advance and posed the following chat questions:
- What do you use to measure your PR and social media initiatives – proprietary spreadsheets, tools/websites like Moz, Raven Tools, etc. or something else completely?
- Is there a difference in measuring social media vs. other PR programs?
- What impact does an integrated strategy for PR and social media have on measurement?
- Can you reliably attribute outcomes to a particular program/channel/tactic?
- What’s your biggest measurement challenge?
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions below!
The #solopr chat – held each Wednesday from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – is a weekly ritual for some of the most savvy Solo PR Pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to participate.
Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net | cooldesign