The Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. tends to be a slow week, leading many hard-working Solo PR Pros to take advantage of the opportunity to get organized and catch-up on the stack of business reading we’ve been meaning to get to. Though we regularly preach the importance of downtime, sometimes these catch-up activities can be part of the fun of a break!
If you’re so inclined during your downtime, we’ve collected a list of some of our most useful posts this year, in case you missed them:
- 2015 Solo PR Pro Compensation Survey Insights Report – Detailed reporting on the findings from Solo PR Pro's groundbreaking survey on compensation.
- Charting the Course: A Guide to PR Planning – A comprehensive overview of the primary building blocks of a PR Plan (e.g., goals, objectives, strategies/tactics, etc.), along with a number of key tips to consider when developing your next plan.
- How to Offer Media Training to Your Clients – This post provides a media training primer, outlining what constitutes good basic media training materials and advice for considering when to hire a professional media trainer.
- Increase Your Credibility with High Impact Testimonials – This post is designed to help you obtain good quality client testimonials, with advice on how to request a testimonial, key questions an ideal testimonial should answer, and tips on how to use them.
- Top Takeaways – 2015 Solo PR FPRA Conference Recap – Highlights from the conference include links to numerous session synopses.
Much more important than work, however, is to savor a moment of respite from our hectic schedules and reflect on what we’re truly grateful for in our lives. Especially this year, so soon after the Paris tragedies, we hope you are able to decompress and spend quality time with family and friends. It’s what really matters!
Happy Thanksgiving – we wish you all a safe and happy holiday!
Image Credits: “Woman with Tablet at Home” image courtesy of nenetus at FreeDigitalPhotos.net.