Being a Solo PR Pro does not mean that you always work alone. Given the nature of consulting, you and/or your clients’ needs may evolve. Whether you need a specialized vendor for a project, another consultant as a partner or an administrative assistant, subcontracting can help you get the job done.
Having a go-to list of strategic partners and specialized subcontractors can help be a tremendous asset but it is not without challenges. The process of partnering with other consultants or hiring subcontractors can be daunting if you’ve never needed to do this before. Understanding the issues and proactively addressing them can help you to have the help you need and create a process that works for your business.
Knowing how to navigate these relationships effectively can ensure you’re protected while getting the right type of support you need – when you need it. And as the workforce continues to transform into the future, the concept of virtual teams will become an ever-increasing reality for us all.
During the March 9, 2016 Solo PR twitter chat we will address subcontracting. We’ll discuss the following topics:
- How do you identify the right partner(s)?
- When partnering with other consultants, how do you divide the contract or workload?
- When it comes to invoicing, how do you handle billing and rates?
- How do you screen potential team members?
- What are your tips for effectively working with an intern?
- How do you handle client communication/contact?
- When responding to a formal proposal, how do you assign roles/responsibility?
- What approaches do you take in setting boundaries with virtual team members?
- How do you manage non-competes and the issue of client stealing?
Tomorrow (Wednesday, 3/9/16 at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time), our bi-weekly #SoloPR Topic Chat on Twitter will focus on the concept of the virtual team.
Do you have any additional questions on working with a virtual team that aren’t included in the above list? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll be happy to address them during our chat.
Please make plans to join us tomorrow (Wednesday, 3/9/16), at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time (10-11 a.m. Pacific), and be sure to check back here on Thursday for the chat re-cap!
Image courtesy of Free Digital Photos | stockimages