On the heels of the recent World Economic Forum held in Davos, Switzerland – where the theme was the ‘fourth industrial revolution’ – we contemplate the implications of technological advancements on the workplace, and how this will transform the way we work in the future.
The anticipated changes from digital innovation – at the social, cultural and financial levels – undoubtedly have consequences for consultants. To what extent will developments in the digital landscape impact how we work? What opportunities will emerge from greater automation, artificial intelligence and increased connectivity? These considerations and more are explored in a recent Huffington Post article (“The Future of Work is Now”), and they propose some very intriguing points to consider.
Tomorrow (Wednesday, 1/27/16 at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time, our bi-weekly #SoloPR Topic Chat on Twitter will focus on the future of work.
We’ll discuss the following topics:
- As the workforce becomes more liquid, how do you see your role changing with clients?
- How will the automation of jobs impact your role as a consultant?
- Are there processes and tasks that you are looking to automate?
- What type of practitioner will lead the way in the digital age?
- How can you use technology to improve the way you work and live?
- Are you using technology to improve or personalize the client experience?
- How do you foresee these changes in the workforce impacting the consulting world overall?
Share with your fellow solo PR Pros – many of whom are at the top of our field – insights and commentary on the future of work and how it will affect the independent consulting arena.
Do you have any additional questions on the future of work that aren’t included in the above list? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll be happy to address them during our chat.
Please mark your calendars to join us tomorrow (Wednesday, 1/27/16) at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time (10-11 a.m. Pacific), and be sure to check back here on Thursday for the chat re-cap!