Be sure to checkout the re-cap post for this chat – which includes highlights and the full transcript – here.
For any contractor, regular attention to the new business pipeline is critical to success. For many communications consultants, networking for new clients is the only method they ever use or need. But what if your network has dried up or you want to go beyond traditional networking to target a particular company?
Tomorrow (Wednesday, 2/25/15) at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time, our monthly #SoloPR Topic Chat on Twitter will focus on new business prospecting (never participated in a Twitter chat? Here’s how). There are many different ways to gain new clients, and for most pros, the best methods are the ones that work for you! The Twitter chat format offers a great way for us to learn from each other’s unique approaches.
We’ll be discussing the following topics:
1. When does it make sense to go beyond traditional networking to gain new business?
2. How do you ID opportunities?
3. What is “warm prospecting?” How do you get the door open?
4. Have you ever “cold called,” and what were the results?
5. How important is it to have a meeting? Can it all be done by email?
6. How do you track your prospecting process? What tools/methods do you use?
7. When do you conduct new business activities (how often, days/times, etc.)?
Do you have any additional questions on business development not included above? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll be happy to address them during the chat.
Please make your plans now to join us Tomorrow (Wednesday, 2/25/15), at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time (10-11 a.m. Pacific), and be sure to check back here on Thursday for the chat re-cap!