Addressing issues/questions submitted by the community, the #solopr chat – held each Wednesday from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – is becoming a weekly ritual for a host of savvy Solo PR Pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to join us!
This week’s discussion was packed with information and helpful tips– if you weren’t able to participate, be sure to check out the transcript here in PDF. We addressed the following topics:
- Do solos need a business plan? And, if so, what are the essential elements? Do you have a budget for your business?
- From a PR perspective, what have you found to be the single greatest utility of social media?
- What is your biggest inspiration right now? What's motivating you today?
- Are you planning ahead for the holidays? Time off? If so, how are you handling?
- What blogs (or other sources) have you found yourself reading most lately?
And as a bonus, the chat also included some expert commentary on the difference between goals and objectives. One of the most appreciated tweets from this week's chat came from Callie Oettinger, who stated “You have to practice what you preach. If you have a plan for your client, have a plan for yourself, too.” Excellent reminder for all of us.
A special thanks to this week’s top contributors:
What was your favorite quip from the chat? Or would you answer any of the questions differently? Let us know in the comments.