Be sure to checkout the re-cap post for this chat – which includes highlights and the full transcript – here.
Tomorrow (Wednesday, 10/22/14) at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time, we’re looking forward to our monthly #SoloPR Topic Chat on Twitter (never participated in a Twitter chat? Here’s how!).
Our special guest will be Sara Conde, the director of consultant services for MBO Partners (producers of the annual State of Independence in America workforce study). With Sara's expert input, we'll be discussing the following topics:
1. What has changed about consulting and being self-employed in the past 5 years?
2. What is the hardest thing about going out on your own today?
3. Are companies now more receptive to hiring consultants? Any verticals that aren't?
4. What are some key selling points of working with independent contractors we can use?
5. What are your top tips for negotiating fees?
6. What are common “contract traps” – what should we look for, and how do you get them removed?
7. How do I know when I could benefit from outside help when finalizing a client arrangement?
Do you have any additional questions on ethics or sticky situations not included above? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll be happy to address them during the chat.
Please make your plans now to us Tomorrow (Wednesday, 10/22/14), at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time (10-11 a.m. Pacific)!