Be sure to checkout the re-cap post for this chat – which includes highlights and the full transcript – here.
Tomorrow (Wednesday, 9/24/14) at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time, we’re looking forward to our monthly #SoloPR Topic Chat on Twitter (never participated in a Twitter chat? Here’s how!). We’ll be discussing an interesting and challenging topic for all public relations professionals: ethics.
September is Ethics Awareness Month at PRSA, and we'll be joined by fellow indie and PRSA Board member Bonnie Upright (@BonnieUpright). This is a chance to discuss ethics with the #solopr chat's trademark candor and wisdom.
Questions for our Topic Chat on Ethics will include:
1. PRSA doesn't sanction members, so why does it make sense for us to talk about ethics?
2. Do you have ethics policies in writing for your #solopr business, or take it case by case?
3. Do you ever find yourself needing to educate clients on ethical practices? How?
4. You learn a client has purposely misled you. What do you do?
5. What do you do if a client asks you to “skirt the truth” in an announcement or statement?
6. What do you do if you hear a competitor is spreading false information about you?
Do you have any additional questions on ethics or sticky situations not included above? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll be happy to address them during the chat.
Please make your plans now to us Tomorrow (Wednesday, 9/24/14), at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time (10-11 a.m. Pacific)!