During this week's #solopr Twitter chat, top independent consultants shared invaluable information on what they're doing with social media, and how to bill for these services. The following questions were addressed:
- Are your clients getting more serious about social media this year? Are you in charge of it?
- Do you use an hourly rate for social media work, or fee-based?
- Are there any other new skills current or potential clients are looking for you to have?
- Yesterday's blog post covered how to make a name for yourself – what have you done?
- Do you ever base selecting a client on the size the of their annual revenue? Do you have requirements re: sm biz?
One of my favorite quotes of the day came from Gayle Falkenthal (@PRProSanDiego), who noted:
“You MUST build your own brand to be effective for clients. Put on your own oxygen mask 1st… then help others put their mask on.”
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for more pearls of wisdom. What do you think about approaching social media services — do you offer them, and how are they billed?
Update: Jonnice Slaughter has posted an overview of this chat on her blog, Flack Me.
The #solopr chat – held each Wednesday from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – is a weekly ritual for some of the most savvy Solo PR Pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to participate – see Join Us for the #solopr Chat on Twitter to find out how!