On the second Wednesday in February, we held one of our popular combined Twitter chats with the wise social media practitioners of #SMchat. Our two groups of top communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice on the following topics of interest:
- How does #PR / #SocialMedia differentiate from other disciplines in 2016?
- Are the blurred lines of #PR, #Marketing, #SM diluting the value of all?
- Many companies want #PR / #SocialMedia to tie to new business. Should PR/SM be accountable for sales?
- How do you get companies to include #PR / #SocialMedia in proactive #strategy rather than add-on tactic?
- Should #PR / #SocialMedia pros broaden skills/offerings or focus on becoming more specialized in a single area?
- How can solo #PR / #SocialMedia #marketing pros position themselves to work alongside big agencies for large clients?
- What tools/tips do you use to ensure clients understand/value your role?
- Are clients asking you to measure success differently in 2016?
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript):
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments!