On the second Wednesday in November, we held one of our traditional Q&A chats, where top independent communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice in response to questions submitted by the community (learn how to join us here).
On November 12, 2014, we weighed in with opinions and insight on the following topics of interest:
- How many *new* clients can you take on at one time?
- “Storytelling” is all the rage, but I prefer posts and articles that get to the point. Is it necessary to frame everything as a story?
- Do you have to be good at public speaking to be good at public relations?
- If you over-service an account, do you include a “no charge” section on your invoice?
- I hate to break it to you, but there are just 7 weeks left in 2014. What’s on your to do list?
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript):
11.12.14 Chat Highlights
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments!
In case you missed it, the #solopr chat has moved to a twice monthly schedule. We meet the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – a regular ritual for some of the savviest PR pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to participate. If you’re looking for immediate answers to your questions and real-time access to wisdom from veteran pros, join us as a Premium member of Solo PR Pro – our private Facebook group is available 24/7.