On the second Wednesday in September, we held one of our popular combined Twitter chats with the wise social media practitioners of #SMchat. Our two groups of top communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice on the following topics of interest:
- In your work, are #socialmedia planning and execution handled by different people?
- Do you ever buy just a strategic plan & handle the tactics in-house (or do you provide standalone plans, if consulting)?
- How long do you give a particular strategy before you decide if it's working or not?
- How much social message scheduling do you do vs. within the platform itself?
- What are your favorite tools for planning and scheduling?
- What (if anything) will you be doing about the 9/11 anniversary this Friday?
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript):
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments!