The moment has arrived – registration is now open for the 2014 Solo PR Summit! The only in-person conference hosted by Solo PR Pro is returning to Atlanta, February 19-20, 2014, and it will be even bigger and better than ever.
We’re happy to share that this year’s phenomenal program will feature:
- Jason Falls – An internationally known digital strategist, author, speaker and thinker in the digital and social media marketing industry, Jason heads digital strategy for CafePress, a publicly-traded internet retailer, and continues to serve as founder and chief instigator of the popular SocialMediaExplorer.com, an industry-leading blog and digital marketing agency. He’s also the co-author of two books, No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide To Social Media Marketing and The Rebel’s Guide To Email Marketing.
- Shelly Kramer – Founder and CEO of V3 Integrated Marketing and a 20-plus-year marketing veteran, Shelly is an integrated marketing strategist, brand storyteller, digital marketing pro, content marketer, nationally recognized speaker and corporate trainer. Self-described as “half-marketer, half-geek, with a propensity for numbers and work that produces results,” Forbes recognized her blog as one of the Top 20 Best Marketing and Social Media Blogs, and she was recognized by The International Association of Business Communicators as 2012 Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Shonali Burke – The IABC-accredited, award-winning president & CEO of Shonali Burke Consulting, Inc., Shonali leads the popular #measurepr chat on Twitter and is the founder of the popular blog Waxing Unlyrical. She’s a sought-after trainer and speaker, particularly on measurement topics (which she’ll address at the Solo PR Summit).
- Lauren Vargas – Though she possesses a big business pedigree – as Head of Social Media and Community at Aetna and previously as Director of Community for monitoring powerhouse Radian6 – Lauren is an indie at heart. Her session on “WTH Is Social Business and What Are the Opportunities for Outside Consultants?” is sure to be one of the Summit’s most interesting.
- Arik Hanson – Principal of ACH Communications, a digital communications consultancy focused on fostering meaningful online interactions, driving digital relevance and building measurable growth through social channels, Arik has been able to create tight-knit communities, build strong brand awareness and drive thought leadership for organizations across the country. His blog, Communications Conversations, is one of the PR industry’s most popular and recognized voices.
- Chris Craft – Speaker and founder of Nao Media and Consulting, Chris is the author of O.P.E.N. Routine. His formula for entrepreneurial excellence focuses on Opportunity, Passion, Education and Networking, and he’ll step us through his widely-acclaimed approach.
This is just the beginning – we’ve got more exciting announcements to come in the weeks and months ahead. With an emphasis on real world, actionable insights you can put into practice immediately to increase your business, the Solo PR Summit will offer unparalleled professional development and networking opportunities for independent practitioners in public relations and related fields.
Our first-ever event in 2013 was a hit with attendees – 100% said they would want to attend in 2014, and the full 100% would recommend the Solo PR Summit to a friend. This year’s Solo PR Summit will go beyond our inaugural event with:
- Two full days – By popular demand, we’ve expanded this year’s event to two jam-packed days!
- More networking – Getting to know other indies and discover new opportunities for support and collaboration is one of the biggest benefits of the Solo PR Summit. From informal gatherings to facilitated interactions, this year’s event will feature even more chances to meet your fellow attendees.
- A comfortable, state-of-the-art venue – The Georgia Tech Learning Center is a place where we can preserve the community feel of the event, without sacrificing elbow room. From superior audio/visual to comfy seating, the Solo PR Summit has a grown up venue.
- Discounted hotel room rates – We’ve negotiated a nightly room rate of just $149 at the excellent Georgia Tech Hotel, which is attached by skybridge to our conference venue (no need to worry about the weather). We’ll be posting specific instructions on how to get this room rate soon.
- More time to digest and practice the teachings – Many of last year’s attendees noted that the schedule was a bit too packed – brains were hurting! Without sacrificing quality, we’ve taken the suggestion and will offer more workshop time and breaks (bonus: snacks and beverages at the Georgia Tech Learning Center are continuously available, and the selection includes ice cream! J).
- Content not found anywhere else – With case studies, best practices, and in-depth how-tos, the Solo PR Summit focuses on big results achievable for small- to mid-sized organizations (as opposed to the deep pocketed Fortune 500 organizations or large-scale PR agencies typically discussed at other events).
Most events boasting top-notch national speakers like these cost thousands of dollars (I just saw a two hour webinar from a PR publication that cost more) – Solo PR Summit early-bird registration starts at just $249 for a limited number of tickets.
The inaugural Solo PR Summit in 2013 sold out, and though we’ve increased the capacity slightly for 2014, we’re retaining the intimate community feel with just a limited number of tickets available. Once they’re sold out, we will not be releasing any more, so don’t wait – register today!