This week, we will be joining forces once again with the savvy and insightful social media-focused #SMchat community for our regularly scheduled #solopr Twitter chat hour. Inspired by the recent AdAge article underscoring PR’s vital role in the marketing mix, we will be discussing the value of PR in 2016, and its integration with other marketing channels. Where PR was once considered a perfunctory element added to an advertising campaign or marketing program as an afterthought, it is now gaining center stage recognition as an important component from the outset.
As a quick reference, we will be discussing the following questions:
- How does PR/SM differentiate from other disciplines in 2016?
- Are the blurred lines of PR, Marketing, SM diluting the value of all?
- Many companies have their eye on the bottom line and want PR/SM to tie to new business. Should PR/SM be accountable for sales?
- How do you get companies to include PR/SM in proactive strategy rather than add-on tactic?
- Should PR/SM broaden skills/offerings or focus on becoming more specialized in a single area?
- Solos often feel disadvantaged or locked out of large client account opportunities. How can solos position themselves to work alongside big agencies for large clients?
- What tools/tips do you use to ensure clients understand/value your role?
- Are clients asking you to measure success differently in 2016?
Please join us tomorrow (Wednesday, 2/10/16), at 1-2 p.m. Eastern time (10-11 a.m. Pacific) on this joint #SMChat and #SoloPR chat. Be sure to check back here on Thursday for the chat re-cap!
Do you have any additional questions on the role and value of PR in 2016 that aren’t included in the above list? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll be happy to address them during our chat.
Looking forward to your participation in this conversation!