On the second Wednesday in March, we held one of our traditional Q&A chats, where top independent communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice in response to questions submitted by the community (learn how to join us here). On March 9 2016, we weighed in with opinions and insight on the following topics of interest:
- How do you identify the right partner(s)? #solopr
- When partnering with other consultants, how do you divide the contract or workload? #solopr
- When it comes to invoicing, how do you handle billing and rates? #solopr
- How do you screen potential team members?
- How do you handle client communication/contact? #solopr
- What approaches do you take in setting boundaries with virtual team members? #solopr
- How do you manage non-competes and the issue of client stealing?
- Do you build in contingencies if client engagement goes sideways, i.e. non-payment? #solopr
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript):
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments!