On the second Wednesday in June, we held one of our traditional Q&A chats, where top independent communication professionals shared thought leadership, tips and advice in response to questions submitted by the community (learn how to join us here). On June 14, 2017 we weighed in with opinions and insight on the following topics of interest:
- Do you need a deeper “why” to be effective or is liking your job enough? #solopr
- How do you handle prospect who says “yes” then project stalls? #solopr
- How do you branch out into other specialty practice areas without spending a lot of $ on going to trade shows/conference? #solopr
- I have experience, but there are days I wonder if I’m getting it right. How do you handle doubt?
- What do you use to create an online newsroom on client’s website? #solopr
- In the wake of an internal tragedy – death, suicide, should there always be a PR response? #solopr
- Is longevity a bad thing in PR? Do clients perceive older practitioners as less innovative than younger peers? #solopr
A few of the top tweets are highlighted below (followed by a link to the full transcript):
Be sure to check out the transcript in PDF for the full discussion. Please note that the transcript is in reverse chronological order. If you weren’t able to join us this week, weigh in on the chat questions in the comments and mark your calendars for the next chat on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 1pm Eastern.