Thanks to the ongoing woes of favorite chat transcript site WTHashtag, there was a delay in compiling the recaps for our two most recent #solopr Twitter chats. I’m happy to say the wait is over — transcripts and overviews for the December 1 and December 8 chats follow.
On December 1, we discussed business and client management issues, including the following questions:
1) In this economy, many clients are looking for lowest price & expecting more. This is unmotivating to me. How do you handle?
2) Is there a maximum number of clients you can handle? How do you keep from getting too busy?
3) Are you conservative in how you spend (both personal and prof)?Is this is important to solo success?
Find out how your peers responded by downloading the 12/1 transcript in PDF.
During the December 8 chat, we looked at some of the planning issues that are top of mind for many solo PR pros this time of year, including:
1) Regarding subcontracting, how do you go about becoming one and getting projects?
2) What, if any, online membership sites do you belong to and why (Ragan, Marketing Profs. Marketing Sherpa, etc.)?
3) Now that 2011 is upon us, what conferences are you looking to attend? How much $ and time are you willing to spend?
4) What are your plans for the holidays? Taking off work? Blogging? How are you handling?
Download the 12/8 transcript in PDF for wisdom from your fellow independent PR pros. What do you think — any points to add to the discussion?
The #solopr chat – held each Wednesday from 1-2 p.m. Eastern – is a weekly ritual for some of the most savvy Solo PR Pros on Twitter. Anyone with a Twitter account is welcome to participate – see Join Us for the #solopr Chat on Twitter to find out how!